Feet in Water

Here is a  story of a fellow who had his feet into a cold lake on a warm summer afternoon.
I have my feet into the cold water. It is a huge relief to plunge my feet into the cold lake especially a hot summer afternoon like this. Plunging my feet into the lake is not just to relieve myself from the heat of the afternoon. It was also an attempt to relieve myself from the heat of life that I had to endure. I wish I had plunged my whole self into the lake to cool down my soul and cleanse my suffering. A simple act of plunging my feet into the water this hot afternoon relieved me of the pain that I had felt before coming here. The cool water somehow calmed me down helped me to be in the moment. It helped me to admire the natural beauty of the lake and the ducks floating on it. I opened my eyes to see and suddenly everything is beautiful. Even my feet look better dangling in the cool water of the lake.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection of a Half Century

Birthday Portrait and Story

Houseless