Photographing Psycho










Alfred Hichcokes's 1960 horror-thriller film is considered among the greatest films of all time. The library of congress describes the film as "Culturally, historically or aesthetically significant". I have watched this psychological horror-thriller film many times and it always fascinates me even though I know what is going to happen and how the story ends. I couldn't help watching it again but this time I am watching it through my camera's lens and I am taking pictures of scenes in the move in slow shutter speed. The outcome is a thriller by itself. Hitchcock was a genius and all the frames in  Psycho reflect that. The pictures that I took also magnified the talent of one of the greatest directors of all time. The slow shutter speed that I used gave the pictures a sense of movement and the overlapping frames in a single picture gave them double or triple exposure effect. Some pictures have two or three scenes of the movie, making them look like a scary dream you don't want to wake up from. If you haven't watched Psycho yet you must watch it and come back and see the pictures I took of it.  It is a good way to see one of Hitchcock's great work from a different perspective. The pictures I took now tell a different version of the original story which is my story of watching Psycho. I hope the pictures are not less scary than the original movie. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection of a Half Century

Birthday Portrait and Story

Houseless